Wednesday, August 12, 2015

HOW SO CALLED PHOTOGRAPHER CHARITY COMMUNITY TRICKED ME

I should be more careful, at the end, I am a lawyer, but when I see something connected with kids and animals I switch my brain and believe with my heart.
I do not suppose that thinking with heart is bad, but in my example I was cheated and I would accept that, but I cannot accept that somebody uses children to reach his goal.
A few months ago I linked up Kujaja "the community of over 5000 enthusiastic photographers" as they call themselves who are gathering money for children by clicking the donation button from visitors on their photos. I uploaded a few of my photos and called people to donate, share their photos, join community everything in the name of a good cause. 

Was I wrong? Oh yes, a lot!

I decided to put photos that can attract the most attention and donation so I chose kittens and flowers. I was right, I got the most votes ever, but what happened with a donation, I do not know. This was the politics of the community to not show that report.
How unusual I thought, this should be open report that anyone can see, but I guessed maybe they do on the end of the month.
After I put my photos, I looked what will happen on this site with the other photos.
People were voting for each other, commenting and what was strange there was the same people 10-20 persons. What happened with the rest 5000?

In one moment my photos were erased, why?

I asked what happened, I had lot of votes so I guessed I had also a lot of clicks on donation button? 
At the beginning I didn't get answers, then they played that they do not know what I'm talking about; than that I voted for myself, which was not possible, because you cannot vote for yourself; that my family vote for me (sorry, but I have only one member of family ) and then I received a private message from one of the moderators.
What he wrote to me, it is embarrassing to repeat, but shortly he explained to me that I cannot expect to get glory putting my non photographer photos. 
I wrote that I do not care who will won this is not the point, the point is to collect money.  I asked what happened with donation and how many money they get by donation?
Of course I didn't get the answer, but I got comment next day under my photos that they do not belong there. 

Yes, now you know what I am talking about.

Those people use this community to raise themselves, making money to print books with their photos and to sell those.
And kids?  The kids were used as an advertise. 

I must say that  I still have a bitter taste in my mouth, the idea to play on charity to get the needed money is not strange to people, but every time makes me sick.
In this example, this obsession with photography and wish every second person to be photographer made the result that low level people use poor children to receive their gold. 

When I made a little research I found over 20 similar community like this one.
I'm furious today as I was in the moment I realized what those people really are.
Can I do something? Unfortunately not so much, except to say to everyone be careful with charity organizations and especially with so- called charity communions which do not indicate how much money they take in

No comments:

Post a Comment