Wednesday, October 23, 2013

LIKES - WHY WE NEED THEM?

     
In 21th century, when everything is about technology each of us slowly start to become virtual, we make virtual profiles, we have virtual friends, we live virtual life and we slowly in real losing ourselves.

In actual life we are satisfied if we have one really good friend, on social networks, each day we add more friends just because we think that 500 or 600 is not enough, we need more and more, but where is the closing?

Why we need more likes on our photos, more comments on our status, and what we get if our virtual friends do that? 
Is that proof  that we are beautiful, smart, is that proof that we sustain a great life?

The great question that we need to ask ourselves is how we depart to be without confidence? 

Why can't we be happy without their likes?

If they like our photo does it mean that they like us, or possibly they were tiring and they liked everything they experienced that daylight?

This morning my co-worker told me "if 50 people don't like your profile photo, change it? OK, so if 50 people don't like any of my photos, I have to go for plastic surgery and change my face?

How our life stooped to be private, and why we did it to ourselves?

Every day, I can get a line on Facebook how some girl colored her nails, how somebodies kids eat, how their pets sleep. Sometimes I feel like I need to write 
to those people something which is obviously, it is not like we saw that the first time in our lifetime, it is not world miracle.

What will be the next thing, picture when somebody gets to the bathroom- oh look how I sit on  my throne! Thanks, but I don't need to understand that.

And what is about status, posts where somebody uses the quote of some fame person? People stopped to think, it is easier to like somebodies thoughts, then pronounce your own belief.

If you possess your own thoughts you want to share, share it, simply don't employ someone else thoughts like yours simply to pretend that you are very smart or humorous.
Did we start to be that lazy, even in our sentiments?
How social networks starts to be more important than actual life?


A few months ago I called my friend and she just hung up. After a while she sent me a message on Facebook "my friends from Thailand liked my pics and you didn't, I thought we were friends?" Sure that will make a  sense if people from Thailand even know who is she.
I asked her why I need to like them, I am with her almost every day, but she articulated: "so what, you want to embarrass me that my Facebook friends think we are no longer good friends that you don't like me". She was decent, I am reasonably sure that those people from Thailand still thinking why I didn't like her photos.

Let think like a normal person, why would somebody who never visited us in his full life, even think for a minute about us. When did we begin to behave like some famous person and why?

Andy Warhol said: "In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes."
Does some social network finally give each of us that 15 minutes of celebrity?
Is it time to say that on social network everyone will be famous for at least 15 people?

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment